Friday, February 19, 2010

Mary Rowlandson



I really enjoyed reading about Mary Rowlandson. I felt that while what happened to her was terrible, what she went though can help others. Her writings inspired me to trust God because he knows what is best for me.




There are some that say that she was just expirincing "survivor's syndrome" which is what the article I read for today's class was about. I do not believe that theory. I believe that she was under a lot of stress and trauma, (she watched her niece, and her young child die), but that she was trusting God throughout it all. I believe that when she wrote her account after she was rescued that she did not just write God in as an afterthought to please her culutre, the Puritains.




I believe that this expirience did help her grow with her walk with God. In the begining of her narrative she talks about how she was starting to stray from her walk with God. She was not taking the act of devotion and worship that seriously. But through this horrible expirience her relationship with God grew stronger.




No comments:

Post a Comment