Monday, March 22, 2010

Ralph Waldo Emerson 2

The class discussions didn't go over too well. I don't think many people really read Emerson. I don't know if this means that you guys are not really into him and the whole Transendentalism idea either.

Of what I did read I though that it was interesting how he was always talking about how great nature was and how we are all nature. I would say that humans are a part of nature, and that trees are. I wouldn't go as far as to say a pencil is nature. I think once nature creates something out of nature, than it is no longer nature.

I hope I am not dissin' on Emerson. If anybody really likes him and understands him, fell free to comment on my blog. That would be great actually. I could gain a better understanding of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment