Monday, April 12, 2010

Nathaniel Hawthorne part 2

Now that I am over half way done with the book I can see why it is one of the top American novels of all time, but I can also see why kids get bored of it. As Tasia said in class today, Nathaniel Hawthorne takes two paragraphs to say something that he could have said in one sentence. I find myself lost in some parts of the novel especially the "Leech and His Patient" chapter. Hawthorne was going on and on and he was describing things too in depth that I lost focus on what he was originally describing.



On the other hand, I do love the plot of this story. Who would of thought that Pearl's father was Arthur Dimesdale, the priest? He is preaching every week about purity and all that and he and Hester slept together. Wow! Stuff like this in the novel keeps me wanting to continue reading the novel to see what else is going to happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment